Plumbing

Old 11-15-02, 11:56 AM
suez
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Plumbing

We just repaired the main sewer line in our home. Everything was working perfect. We used a snake throughout the pipes to make sure there were no clogs anywhere. Our home is a duplex and the house next door does have trouble with their kitchen sink, but then that house always had a little trouble with the kitchen sink. But our side was working perfect. But then the next day the toilet wasn't flushing right. You can hear air through the kitchen sink when the toilet does flush (which is occasionally). Our house is very, very old.

Is there anyone out there that can help us?

Old 11-15-02, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hearing air though the KS when you flush the toilet?

Is there no trap under that sink?

Is there no vents on this house?

Old 11-15-02, 03:55 PM
suez
Visiting Guest
There is a trap and there is vents. Also, my husband said that when we drain the tub, he hears bubbles in the toilet.

When we used the snake the day before yesterday on the house next door,it had an attachment at the tip,and when we pulled it out, the tip was broken off. Can that be the problem? Do you think we should snake it again?

Thank you for replying.

Old 11-15-02, 04:00 PM
I think you still have a problem in the mainline, could be needing another repair, could be broken somewhere.

Old 11-15-02, 06:04 PM
suez
Visiting Guest
How do we find out if there is a whole somewhere else? The way we found this out was because the pipe is in the front yard under dirt. A good 90% of the yard is cement.

Again, thank you so much for your replies.

I am leaving work in about 2 minutes and I don't have a computer at home so I won't be able to get this answer until Monday. So far what you've given me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 11-15-02, 06:12 PM
You could have the line TV Camera'ed, that will tell you the complete story.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: