Bath remodel

Old 11-23-02, 04:51 PM
rstearout
Visiting Guest
Question Bath remodel

When reparing pipes on a slab floor how do you keep moisture from coming up through the floor?

Old 11-23-02, 05:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What kind of pipes, what kind of repair? more info please...

Old 11-24-02, 08:00 PM
rstearout
Visiting Guest
Im remodeling the bath room. And moving the shower drain for a larger shower. The pipes are abs. The house has abs that has been shown to fail (polaris and centaur). And I would like to replace the existing pipe in the exposed area while the room is torn up.

Old 11-24-02, 08:06 PM
What moisture are you talking about trying to stop from coming up from the floor, I am confused... and I assume you are planning on going back with PVC pipe...?

Old 11-24-02, 08:13 PM
rstearout
Visiting Guest
On a slab floor constructed house is'nt there a vapor barrier below the concrete to keep water from coming through or up the concrete floor. Or can you just break through the concrete fix the bad abs and then patch the concrete up with out any problems? I live in California.

Old 11-24-02, 08:20 PM
Ahh yes, the vapor barrier,... now we are getting somewhere... hehe... Yes, most concrete does have a vapor barrier underneath when you break it up... and technically speaking you should replace it when you tear it up, but if i do a small enough repair i dont usually worry about it... if you are tearing up a larger portion though, just line the bottom of your ditch with some 9 or 11 mil plastic again before you repour the new concrete...

Old 11-24-02, 08:25 PM
rstearout
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: