basement laundry room

Old 11-25-02, 05:50 AM
alorenzo
Visiting Guest
basement laundry room

I am moving a laundry room to the basement of my house - the gas line, water lines and 220 outlet are all set up - the only remaining issue is taping into the main drain line - This drain line doesn't go all the way down to the basement (it kind of a 2 level basement ). Anyway I assume a can install a pump from either a slop sink or the washing machine to get the water UP to the main drain line. Is there a particular pump that someone can recommend and how and where do I install this?? THANKS!

Old 11-25-02, 06:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Most washing machine discharge pumps are powerful enough to discharge to an overhead line in a basement.
You will probably be able to just tie a line into an existing drain pipe (at least 2") or the main drain with an adapter fitting. If you have plastic drain lines, it should be relatively easy.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 11-25-02, 08:53 AM
alorenzo
Visiting Guest
thanks for the info Mike - i will do that with the washing machine.
now, if I want to put in a slop sink besides the washing machine, what kind of pump would I need and how is it installed.

Old 11-25-02, 06:22 PM
JPL
Visiting Guest
Question basement laundry room

I have a similar problem. I am considering moving a laundry room to my basement from my unheated garage.

Is there a notional design graphic as to how to lay out the plumbing/pump to boost the waste water discharge to the feed to my septic system drain pipe?

Jack

Old 11-25-02, 07:17 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, Mike is right, the washing machine IS a pump so you dont want to waste time trying to pump it into a basin only to be discharged up again, but if you are going to put a sink in the basement, then you typically would by a basin with a sewage ejector pump for around 275 dollars... Of course, this pump will be over kill if you never intend to put anything but a laundry sink on it, but the principle is the same... from the basin, you will have a 1 1/4" to 2" discharge line typically, that ties directly into the main line, and it must have a check valve on it... then you have a second line, that is supposed to individually go all the way out the roof or can be tied in to another vent but should not be a "wet vent"... It is a lot of work usually, so you might reconsider the sink part and just settle for a washing machine in the basement... I am not ruling out that you could go with a small basin with a small pump, but the drain and vent tie in will be similar unless you just want an open pit in the basement which isnt a good idea...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: