no/low water Pressure for kitchen sink

Old 11-27-02, 04:53 PM
dmb41
Visiting Guest
no/low water Pressure for kitchen sink

The water coming out of the faucet of the kitchen sink is coming out with little or no pressure behind it. I've already unscrewed the sreen thing and cleaned that out and it still runs the same. The weird thing is that the sprayer hose attached to the sink works fine and the water comes out at normal pressure. Any tips or advice on the faucet will be much appriciated!!

Old 11-27-02, 04:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Single handle faucet?

What is the brand of this faucet?

Old 11-27-02, 05:02 PM
dmb41
Visiting Guest
It is a Peerless. and regarding the wether it is a single handle faucet... it has a cold handle and a hot handle. I hope that answered it.

Old 11-27-02, 05:08 PM
Well since you say you have stong flow to the sprayer and you cleaned out the areator, then there muct be a problem passing water through to the spout, turn water off under sink, you need to remove the spout, once removed, put towel over the faucet body, turn each valve back on for a few minutes, and make sure the port to the spout are clear, afterwards reinstall the spout and see it that fixed the problem.

Old 11-27-02, 05:13 PM
dmb41
Visiting Guest
Will do! I'll be in touch...

THANKS!!!

Old 11-28-02, 05:41 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How does the water come out of the spout when the aerator is out?

Old 11-28-02, 11:55 PM
dmb41
Visiting Guest
It comes out real low in terms of pressure and it also come out around the edges but not full circle just like half-way around and then it moves in a circle. It's not close to normal

Old 11-29-02, 11:15 AM
Gary R
Visiting Guest
Regarding the low water pressure from your peerless kitchen faucet, I have the same problem with my peerless faucet only it is the hot water side that has low pressure and not so much the cold water side. I have taken mine apart but see nothing wrong with it. Everything appears to be clear and I have plenty of water pressure without the faucet hooked up. I am interested in what you find to be the problem.

Old 11-29-02, 11:44 AM
I don't know much and don't care for peerless faucets, if all else fails, you can get a good Moen Kitchen faucet for under $100.

I'd install a new faucet if the problem can't be resolved.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: