very little hot water

Old 12-12-02, 08:51 PM
damon76
Visiting Guest
very little hot water

in my bathroom tub the cold water turns on fine but the hot water comes slowly. i've check the faucets and there fine so i don't know. can anyone help?

Old 12-12-02, 09:08 PM
L
Mr. Kiss
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need a little more info...
What type of pipes are in your house? Well water or city?
If the house is older chances are you have galvanized iron, that type eventually rusts on the inside and can close off.
When you say you checked the faucets does that mean you disassembled it? I've seen them come apart with the seat staying in the housing which was blocking the water. Do you have small isolation valves under the sink? Work your way back to them to be sure something isn't stuck there.

Old 12-12-02, 09:11 PM
damon76
Visiting Guest
there are three faucets in the shower and I think all leak a little I guess i just need to change stems? Thanks

Old 12-12-02, 09:13 PM
L
Do you mean that the pressure or volume of the hot water is low? That would be a problem inside the valve, probably repairable by replacing the cartridge. Need to know what kind and brand of valve you are dealing with.

Or, do you mean that the pressure and volume are fine, but the water simply isn't hot enough? That would tell me that you have a temp. limiting valve that needs to be adjusted.

Give us more info and we will help you out with it.

Old 12-12-02, 09:16 PM
L
Mr. Kiss
Damon,
Now you've lost me....
I thought you were saying it doesn't come on?

Old 12-13-02, 04:41 AM
L
Damon,

If I am reading this right, you have a 3 handle valve, and you have 2 problems with it. First problem you mentioned is low water flow from the hot side, then you mention that all 3 handles are showing leaks.

Can you tell us what brand the valve is?

Let's talk about the leaks first. Does the water come out from around the handles, or is it dripping from the tub spout and/or shower head?

The more info you can give us, the easier it will be to help you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: