Quater turn tap. (I think)

Old 01-14-03, 01:53 PM
Steve Welman
Visiting Guest
Quater turn tap. (I think)

In my kichin sink, I have what I think is called a quater turn tap. The type with a swivel head and two taps set at 90 degress on the side.
The tap is leaking between the bit which swivels and the body of the tap. I can't figure out how to open it up. I can't see any signs of a small screw.

Old 01-14-03, 02:44 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Let me see if I'm understanding you. Your kitchen faucet has 2 handles (one hot, one cold) and the spout in the center. It's leaking from where the spout swivels, and you need to know how to get it apart.

Some, like some Price Pfisters, have what amounts to a large nut that threads down onto the body, holding the spout in place. That spout would be kinda "U" shaped. Loosen the 'nut'. Pull the spout. You'll find an O-ring that needs to be replaced.

Others, the spout is almost straight and wraps around the body of the faucet where it swivels. Above the spout where it swivels, there is a "nut" holding the spout in place -- probably even has a knurled edge on it. Remove that, pull straight up on the spout and it will pop off, revealing at least 2 large O-rings that encircle the body of the faucet. Replace them.

How did I do??

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: