DWV question.

Old 01-26-03, 04:53 AM
djcboi
Visiting Guest
DWV question.

I am installing the DWV lines for two second story bathrooms (1 and 1/2). There is a new 3" vent stack that serves these bathrooms. Layout below this area allows me to either 'stack' all the T's and Y's directly in line with the vent stack (similar to a basement) or run a horizontal 3" line and dump into this line with the T's and Y's. If the horizontal method is used should I use a 3" 'Y' for the toilet connections rather than a 'T'. I heard that a 'T' should never be laid on its back.

There will be two 2" lines, one for a separate tub and shower and the other for two vanity sinks as well as two 3" for the toilets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Dave

Old 01-26-03, 05:54 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering, somehow didn't see your post among the others... The answer is that you should not use TEES on their side... if you use horizontal tie-ins, they should all be done with wye's... out of the wye's you can put street 1/8 bends (45 degrees), which go right into the side of the wye's to make a 90 degree turn... That way you are using long turns on the horizontal... The only connection that should be made with a tee is when you go FROM horizontal TO vertical... as in when you tie on to the 3" vent... In some areas now, 2" and 1.5" lines can be tied in with tees, but it is bad practice... sink cables don't follow them as easily and they tend to slow drainage more...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: