bathroom sink

Old 02-08-03, 06:26 PM
jlhodges53
Visiting Guest
Post bathroom sink

all of the sudden my bathroom sink is just trickling water out, whether the cold or hot selections are turned on full blast. Does this faucet have a removable filter I can check behind to see if there is a blockage?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-03, 07:18 PM
BoatCop
Visiting Guest
Unscrew the areator from the faucet. (remember which pieces go in what order) Blow it out real good from the opposite direction of the water flow. It's a good idea to run the water for a few minutes to make sure the line is clear, before reinstallation.

Often minerals and stuff get caught in there and restrict flow. Especially if there's been recent work done to your plumbing system, or if there was recent water main work by the city.

If you're on a well system, sand is often the culprit.

Then check all the other sinks in the house. If one was clogged with gunk, chances are others won't be far behind.

edit: I was taking for granted that you know what an areator is. Just in case, it's the fitting at the end of the faucet where the water comes out. Unscrew it with a pair of pliers or channel-locks, protecting the finish from scratches with a suitable covering. (rubber works good) When reinstalling, just hand tighten.