what controls waterpressure?

Old 02-10-03, 03:41 PM
bahepe
Visiting Guest
what controls waterpressure?

When running water anywhere in the house [ sink,tub,toilet] the pressure goes up & down.Never remains constant. We have a well[plenty of water] a water softner,elec.hot water heater.Where do we begin to find the reason?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-03, 03:59 PM
BoatCop
Visiting Guest
Most wells will have a tank that the water flows through, out of the well. A bladder inside of the tank is pressurized with air, eliminating surges and keeping pressures constant.

If you have one of these tanks in your system, you may have lost air pressure in it.

Old 02-10-03, 05:06 PM
Specter
Visiting Guest
Does your well pump cycle on & off quite a bit? There should be a pressure gauge at the outlet of the tank that will show the "on" & "off" pressures of your pump. When the tank bladder get a hole in it, the air in the tank will be absorbed by the water & lost thru the system. This lose may take several weeks & if you do not want to replace the tank, you can keep putting compressed air through the air fitting on top of the tank. I've been doing this for several years now since I don't want the time & expense of replacing the tank. Plus I have a small compressor in the basement.