Question about access panel in basement wall.


Old 02-10-03, 10:01 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 122
Question about access panel in basement wall.

I intend to use a 14"x27" (the largest size that I can find) access panel to cover together a shut off valve, a pressure reduction valve and a water meter.
All of them are arranged in a straight line and about 24 inches from the shut off valve at the top to the water meter at the bottom.
If I position the panel such that I can turn the valve handle then the bottom haff of the water meter would be covered by drywall. However one can still read the numbers on the face of the water meter.
Does the CODE requires that the access to water meter to allow it to be replaced or only to allow readings to be taken? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-03, 11:01 PM
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Northeastern NC On The Albemarle Sound
Posts: 10,952

Codes vary from place to place.
Call your Building Inspection Department for local codes.
Good luck!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes