Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Plumbing, Piping, Water Heating, Wells, Air & Water Filtration and Conditioning > Plumbing and Piping
Reload this Page >

Water pressure in washer, bathtub and toilet good but not in kitchen or bath sink.

Water pressure in washer, bathtub and toilet good but not in kitchen or bath sink.

Old 03-11-03, 10:56 PM
FallenStarz
Visiting Guest
Question Water pressure in washer, bathtub and toilet good but not in kitchen or bath sink.

I need to know how to check for debris in my water lines. I have excellent water pressure in my washer; bathtub and toilet but very low pressure in the bathroom sink and as of tonight there is no water coming through the kitchen sink. Even the dishwasher won't fill and when it did, the pressure was so low it wouldn't even run.

Flush with a high pressure burst? Please, I'm at my wits end and husband is disabled. Repairing this is left up to me.

Old 03-12-03, 03:59 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Remove and clean any debris particles from the aerators on the ends of the faucet spouts. Try the water pressure without the aerators.
Make sure that all cut-off valves are wide open under the sinks.
If clogged aerators are not the problem, do you have galvanized supply pipes?
Galvanized is notorious for scaling up inside over time until they eventually plug up completely. The scale particles can also knock loose and clog faucets, valves, etc. The only solution for that is to replace the galvanized.
Turn the water off, and take the faucets and valves apart to see if they're clogged with debris.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: