fill valve for one piece toilet

Old 03-17-03, 04:00 PM
fill valve for one piece toilet

I need a replacement fill valve for a one piece Kohler (low boy) toilet. The standard replacements from HD and Lowes do not work. I can get one from Kohler for about $100.00 (go figure). surely someone makes a cheap replacement or knows a way to adapt the standard models.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-03, 04:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Well, the standard fluidmaster 400A will work on many lowboys, but you have to adjust it all the way down... If that doesn't work, I recommend either getting the model available from kohler OR just replace the toilet with a model that is cheaper to maintain... I don't know of any flush valves for a kohler lowboy that I like as much as the oem model...

Old 03-17-03, 04:18 PM
Well that's BAD news. The toilet is a San Rapheal. It is not the height that is the problem. It has a large tube that fits in the back of the bowl and does not use the small overflow tube, it does not have an over flow tube.

Old 03-17-03, 04:29 PM
Well, I don't remember off hand how the San Raphael fills the bowl back up, but I do remember that Kohler has a special fill valve that looks just like a fluidmaster on the fill tube hole is capped for some of their models... So, if a fluidmaster will fit height-wise, the overflow tube can just be hung down in the tank... It will only serve to fill the tank slightly faster... You might use a nylon tie to tie it to something in the tank though, so that it doesn't go swinging freely spraying water out of the tank though...

Old 03-17-03, 04:33 PM
I just looked at the design for that toilet online, and I do remember that valve.... and while 100 bucks is probably about right, you should be able to just order the repair kit that includes the washers and such to be replaced in the top of the unit...

Old 03-17-03, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the replies. I would like to order parts, but this unit is cracked and must be replaced. I am not using it now, but need to and hate to buy a new one or spend $100.00 to fix it. Of course the unit is upstairs and the furthest from any outside door. Maybe it would be worth $100.00 not to have to replace the toilet, but I sure hate to.