Ejector sewage pump

Old 04-01-03, 06:42 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Ejector sewage pump

I am planning a full bath in my basement and therefore need to install an ejector sewage pump. Can anyone give me an advise which ejector pump is best, what pump horse power and other ejector pump options I should consider and how to install ejector pump. I would really appreciate if given links to useful websites.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-03, 06:55 AM
I have a Zoeller pump that is in a pit and it serves my whole house and pumps 900 ft. to a transfer station. It has been in for 6 years and works like a charm. They also make a lighter duty model in a container with all the fittings.
http://www.zoeller.com/zcopump/produ...ge/Simplex.htm

I'm no expert on this stuff but my experience with that brand speaks for itself. Consider where you plan to get the materials (especially the pump) because it will fail at the most inopportune time and if you have to go to a lot of trouble to get a replacement, it may be a pain. A local distributor would be helpful at that time.

Old 04-01-03, 08:36 AM
P
Ejector sewage pump

I'll put my vote right along with Ken's. Zoeller is a very good pump. I'll agree with him also that you need to select a pump that is readily available in case of failure. Other manufacturers (such as Goulds and Little Giant also make great pumps).
You'll need to get an idea on the amount of water you'll need to pump, the lift required (in vertical feet), and distance to sewer line so that piping can be specified. These things will be necessary to determine size of basin, etc.
Get a plumber or pump person to help you make these decisions.
Best regards,
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com

Old 04-01-03, 09:31 AM
A
Re: Ejector sewage pump

Thank you all for advise. Here is more info.

1. The pump will serve primary basement bathroom which is lavatory, sink and shower. Besides it will also serve another utility room sink. The horizontal distance to sewage line is about 2' or 3'. The sewage level is about 2' from basement floor.

I am hiring a plumber to assist me in planning and installing the ejector pump system. However I want to understand myself all details to make informative decisions. So I want to read more how it works, what options (if any) are available, what's important in my situation. Also I want to understand how the drains connect to ejector pump.
This is big investment both in money and in work so I want to be sure I go right way. Also to save money I will probably break basement concrete floor for the pump myself. Is it the job that I can do?

Old 04-01-03, 07:31 PM
I would reccomend your ejector have a grinder for the solid waste. Also good option is a high water level alarm. Also have it set-up so you can pull it out easily if need be. Never know when a rag will get flushed and then stuck in your pump.