Water Softner Questions-help

Old 04-04-03, 04:34 PM
Milk Maidan
Visiting Guest
Water Softner Questions-help

So, I got this water softner and it has directions but does not have a drawing on how to connect it uo. can anybody give me some instruction in to how to drop this thing in.

Old 04-04-03, 06:05 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No drawing here either

About the most unique part is finding where to locate it in your home and you will have to be the judge of that. It needs to be somwhere that it can intercept all the water entering the plumbing system. Usually that is next to the well tank. Let's assume you decide to put it next to your well tank. You would locate the pipe coming from the tank to the house plumbing and cut it and re-route the water through the softener. It sits inline and treats the water on the fly. You will need to find a location for the drain tube but the instructions should help with that.
If you need more help, post again.

Ken

Old 04-05-03, 05:45 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

As Ken said, you just tap into your main water supply line (before your water heater).
I would do it with a T before it, so that you could divert water to your outside spigots before the softener.
It needs to be somewhere in a space that is heated or that you can easily heat during freezing weather, and it needs a 110v outlet and a place to run the drain hose from it.
Mine happens to be in my utility room, and I just have the drain hose stuck into the same washing machine drain standpipe as the washer drain hose.
Good Luck!
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: