Toilet fills fast

Old 04-08-03, 07:18 AM
LITC
Visiting Guest
Question Toilet fills fast

This is an odd question but a plumber recently replaced the refill valve in my toilet. The toilet now fills up very fast because the tube seems bigger than the old one. It is done filling in less than 10 seconds. In fact I noticed he didn't even open the shutoff valve all the way when he was done. Not only is the toilet noisier when it is refilling but it doesn't seem to flush as well. Are there different sizes for these things? Can I just close the shutoff valve a little more to reduce the water pressure?. I guess this is not a major problem but I am curious. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-03, 09:22 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Closing the shut off valve some more ought to slow down the filling rate. Maybe that will help.

Old 04-08-03, 06:30 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
As Chfite pointed out, slowing down the volume will help with the noise... It won't affect the flush however, and the valve the plumber put in shouldn't affect the flush either... Now if he changed the flapper, then that would change the flush of the toilet, and that can be easily remedied with a new flapper... Preferrably just a plain korky flapper...