Installing and Indirect Water Heater

Old 04-08-03, 07:21 PM
j.t.s.halvorsen
Visiting Guest
Question Installing and Indirect Water Heater

I need to replace my tankless (thankless) water heater with an indirect water heater. My furnace/boiler is an oil fired HB Smith series 8 with two zones, and baseboard heaters. I would like to buy the indirect water heater and install it myself, but before I start this project, I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on what to watch out for on a project like this.

Many thanks,
Serge

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-03, 07:46 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Read this article first then post back with any more questions.......Indirect

Old 04-11-03, 06:42 AM
j.t.s.halvorsen
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

That is a great article!!! Thank you very much.

Where would I find detailed instructions on how to install an indirect water heater?

Old 04-11-03, 07:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You won't find detailed instructions anywhere that I know of because "The devil's in the details". Every installation is different. Other than connecting the pipes and the wires, you will have to plan the installation out carefully. I will be more than happy to give you some very specific recommendations if you are interested. I would be able to give you better advice if you could attach a few snapshots of tha boiler and area of installation. If you want it is probably easier to use my real email: [email protected]

I can tell you right now, you will love it. I put a 26 gallon one in two weeks ago for an electrician friend of mine and he has called me 3 times to tell me how much he likes it.

Ken