new plumbing/pressure

Old 04-17-03, 03:53 PM
jgena
Visiting Guest
new plumbing/pressure

I plan to run copper pipe in my house to replace the PB currently in existance. The main water line servicing my house is 3/4" where the line enters the basement.

1) I presume it makes no sense to put 1" pipe in the house as the 3/4" feed limits the volume entereing the house anyway?

2) Presuming I'll run 3/4" throughout the house, are there any considerations I need to think about in order to get good flow/pressure (e.g. is there any need to reduce to 1/2" pipe right before any fixtures in an attempt to increase the pressure near the fixture during flow?

3) Any suggestions welcome (is that opening the door too wide)?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-03, 04:31 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No need to take 3/4" up close to every fixture... and you are right that you would make very little difference by increasing to 1" inside the house when the service line is 3/4"... However, there is a good chance that the service line to the house is 1" anyway and reduces to 3/4" just inside the house (City of Atlanta requires a 1" service line by the way)... In any case, it would be overkill... Just run your main hot and cold feeds in 3/4" and run an individual branch line of 1/2" to each fixture... By the way, you have poly now and you seem to not like your volume or pressure... Usually, poly doesn't cause low volume or pressure problems... There may be other issues to be considered that are causing you to have low volume or pressure...