faucet

Old 04-28-03, 05:48 PM
susana
Visiting Guest
Question faucet

Please help me solve my problem, I change the valve in the shower, because water was licking and when I took them out , they where in bad condition,so ,I replased, the hot and the one in the middle,I think is call the inverer, well, now when I use for the tub ,is fine but , when I change for the shower, water come out from both ends,(shower and tub).How can I fix this?Please let me know.Thankyou.Susana.:confused.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-03, 07:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Do you remember what type of stems they were? That seems to be a very common problem with Sayco stems... The problem seems to be with the fact that Sayco is not the maker of the replacement stems that you get... They are made by a third party and they just don't work as well as the originals... I have tried to modify them to make them work and have not found an effective way to do it... Regardless of the brand, I would take out the diverter stem again, take it to a PLUMBING SUPPLY HOUSE... NOT to a hardware store... See if they have an original replacement for it... If so, try it... If not, consider getting a new valve put in...