water well

Old 04-29-03, 03:31 PM
repairylarry
Visiting Guest
water well

I have a water well and very often the water lines in my home get air in them. Our water table is up so I don't think my well is going dry. I turn off the well pump and bleed out the air in the tank and re-start the pump and this seems to help for a while. But in a couple of weeks it starts doing it again. My tank does not have a bladder in it. Any help greatly arrpeciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-03, 03:37 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

You may have a leak on the suction (well) side of your pump, or you may need a new air volume control.
Visit www.peekspump.com until Ron Peeks comes along here.
Mike

Old 04-30-03, 10:35 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
water well

As Mike stated, if you're pump is above ground, you could have a leak on the suction line. Even a small leak will introduce air into the system.
If you have a submersible pump, you could have a bad checkvalve in the well, or a hole in the drop pipe.
As you've already realized, the water level in the well may be too low for the pump pick-up point, allowing air to be introduced into the system here also.
I think that the fact that draining the tank helps for a couple of weeks is an indication that the air is slowly being introduced into the system. Makes me think that a small suction leak is responsible.
Best regards,
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com