shower head pressure too strong

Old 04-29-03, 07:50 PM
jean i thomas
Visiting Guest
Red face shower head pressure too strong

We recently had our PricePfister water control valve repaired and a new shower head installed. Now the water force is like needles. We bought a small valve to put on before the shower head but the force is still too strong. Is there a shower head that can reduce the force? My husband was recently hospitalized and taking a shower has become a problem. My husband thinks that the problem is in the repaired off and on water control valve. I think that the solution is not calling the plumber again but to find a milder shower head.

Any ideas? and don't want to pay another plumber bill.

JIT

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-03, 08:10 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, most all shower heads have an adjustment in the head that allows you to adjust the spray to your liking... If you don't have that capability, then I would just buy a new shower head... Don't get the cheapest one you can find... Get something that has a couple adjustments...

Old 04-30-03, 12:20 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

As Ragnar said, just replace the showerhead. There are many easily adjustable types, including for water massage.
Wrap 2-3 flat wraps of teflon tape clockwise only on the shower arm threads before installing the showerhead.
Good Luck!
Mike