Faucet handle up and broke on me. Please Help!

Old 05-02-03, 07:00 AM
jrp30
Visiting Guest
Faucet handle up and broke on me. Please Help!

We have a single handle Delta faucet in our kitchen, and the other day when I pushed the handle up (to turn water on), the handle broke off.

There is a 1/4" stem that sticks out of the bottom of the handle, which should be placed inside of a small pivot hole in the sink to control the water flow temperature, etc.

However, the stem is snapped, so it will not stay in the pivot hole.

My question: can I easily replace the handle? What is your advice? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-03, 08:31 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Easy fix. That little stem just fits onto the ball of the Delta ball faucet.
Get a Delta kitchen faucet repair kit, turn off the water shut-offs under the sink, and replace all of the internal parts that come in the kit. Keep the little tool that comes with it for adjusting the cam ring. You'll probably need a pair of channel-lock pliers to remove the round cap (counter-clockwise) that holds the ball down.

Here's what the parts look like. You can do a Search above on Delta faucets for more detailed how-to info, or just come back on this same thread and ask if you need to.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 05-03-03, 12:30 PM
jrp30
Visiting Guest
Thanks, Mike.

I took your advice and purchased a repair kit, but unfortunately I think my problem is something else.

The repair kit did NOT come with a ball assembly. From what I can see per the instructions on the repair kit, it seems like the stem coming up from the ball set (that goes into the handle) should be fixed to the ball.

However, the stem will not fix to the ball (I've tried everything short of welding it on). ;-) Thus, my problem of the handle coming off, because the handle and ball stem are coming our of the ball.

Can I assume that the stem should be fixed to the ball, and I can purchase a new ball assembly as such?

Thanks

Old 05-03-03, 12:34 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The ball is the part that needs to be fixed, and some repair kits include the ball along with the other parts... Keep the repair kit you bought, but take the broken ball assembly and the handle with you to the hardware or supply store and get a replacement... Then you should have everything you need...