Water under house

Old 05-03-03, 04:54 PM
chukmac
Visiting Guest
Water under house

Don't know if I'm on right forum, but my neighbor who lives 4 houses down the street came down this AM, and said she had water underneath her house. I checked, and there is some water puddles in crawl space-up to 3" deep in spots. Seems to be mainly by outside foundation and on both sides of center foundation--too muddy for me to crawl under to do thorough check. I was under the house last fall, and it was completely dry at that time. We can't hear any water running (and you can when any faucet is open even a little bit). Outside the house is no standing water,. and the rain that was falling did not puddle. We have had much more than normal rainfall in the last month, but there is no water under my house, and the soil in my lot is much heavier and stays wet much longer than at her house. Don't know if I should tell her to call a plumber or a landscaper. Forgot to say that I ran soapy water down all sinks, showers, and toilets, and no suds showed up. Thanks in advance for any help.
Chuck

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-03, 06:42 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Usually, I would just check the meter for any movement to see if it is a water main leak... I am afraid the only real way to know is to check out the house by crawling under it and getting real intimate with the plumbing, but then you already knew that...

Old 05-03-03, 06:54 PM
chukmac
Visiting Guest
Sorry, forgot to mention that we have no meters--one of the very few cities in Ca. with flat rate water. Wish elec. was the same!

Old 05-03-03, 07:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ahh, cool... then get yourself some coveralls, and decide if your neighbor is worth the effort... ...