Why won't my faucet work? I didn't even try to fix it!

Old 05-03-03, 05:52 PM
carolewall
Visiting Guest
Question Why won't my faucet work? I didn't even try to fix it!

Split level, 2 bath house, both baths upstairs.
Faucets in secondary bathtub leaked, so I shut off the main water source...left the kitchen water on to empty the lines (shut off when empty), and change out the worn rubber gaskets in the tub fixtures. Then I turn the water back on.
Now the sink faucet in the master bath doesn't work.
I'm baffled!
At first, a 'splut' and a black liquid came out (a drip or two), then nothing. Occasionally I get a slight (clear) trickle, but it's as if there is no water pressure, hot or cold, to that sink. ONLY that sink!
I need help!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-03, 06:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hey, MCDONOUGH... cool,... I am 3 minutes from you right now... I live in Stockbridge... ... I can come look at it for you free of charge Monday evening, or Tuesday morning... (Maybe even Sunday night if you don't mind a late visit)... But it sounds to me like you have galvanized piping and you have a very clogged aerator... Take the aerator off of the end of the spout and try it... If that doesn't get you full volume, then you need to take the stems out of the faucet and clean out the debris... While you have them out, change those washers too... Kill two birds with one stone... Email me if you want me to help you out... In fact, I am in such a good mood, I will come out tonight if you like... it is 9:44 PM now, and the offer is good until 10:30 PM...

Old 05-03-03, 07:08 PM
carolewall
Visiting Guest
Talking Thanks...but I've figured it out!

You were right about the clogged aerator!
I'd never have guessed what was clogging it , though!
It was the missing piece of the worn rubber gromet that I replaced in the tub in the other bathroom!
Now I can brush my teeth in my own bathroom! Yay!
Thanks for the help!

Old 05-03-03, 07:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool, good for you... When you turn off the water to the house though, it will many time break away debris from throughout the system... The washer piece you found could be from the tub or it could be from the shutoff under the sink itself or even from the sink washers... In any case, your problem is solved for now and if you have any more questions, fire away...