Toilet flange that fits inside???

Old 05-04-03, 01:05 AM
Preston
Visiting Guest
Toilet flange that fits inside???

Hey all,

Moving along well on the basement finishing project...starting on the vathroom now...

I am getting ready to install the toilet flange...I have a 3 inch inside diameter toilet stub out coming out of the concrete floor. I noticed at home depot and on this website (http://www.plumbingsupply.com/toiletflanges.html ) that they make a flange that fits inside my stub out....this interests me because I wouldn't have to break up the concrete to install it...

What do you all think? Are these "inside fit" flanges allright? Will they affect how the toilet flushes and drains?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-03, 04:23 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The only flange I saw on the site you listed is one that fits inside a 4" pipe and outside a 3" pipe. I've never seen one that fits inside a 3" pipe, but then it's something I have ever really searched for.

Old 05-04-03, 11:33 AM
Preston
Visiting Guest
It's about the 5th item down on the page (no picture for it)...the one listed on that page was an ABS flange, but I saw a PVC one at Home Depot...

Old 05-05-03, 03:35 AM
L
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
OK, I found it. Also see where it says it is "not code in many areas". I'm sure that is because it is too restrictive. Personally, I would chisel out a little concrete and install a legal flange.