washing machine backs up

Old 05-06-03, 11:44 AM
stevec46
Visiting Guest
washing machine backs up

Hi,

I've seen this question asked in various forms. My washing machine backs up through the drain box after it drains for a time. Ive snaked the trap and further down the line. I've run a garden hose at full pressure downstream of the trap with no water backing up. In order to get the machine fully drained in the drain and rinse cycles I have to shut it off at least once. Nothing else in the house is clogged. The line is vented. Is this a clog I can't seem to get to or would slowing the drain flow be the answer? Once I shut the machine off, there is a loud gurgling and the water goes down very fast. Any help would be appreciated.

Great website. It is very helpful!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-03, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Check for a clogged up vent, a washer pumps out water fast, and you might need to have the line cleaned out to it's full bore, to slove this problem.

Last edited by Plumber2000; 05-06-03 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-06-03, 04:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
And kitchen sink lines clog far worse and faster than washing machine lines... It is very likely that your washwer drain ties into your kitchen sink line... Find a way to run the snake down your kitchen sink drain instead... You will likely need atleast a 25' snake, maybe even a 50'...