What are the best type of flexible supply lines for sink, toilet?

Old 05-08-03, 09:43 AM
ozz
Visiting Guest
What are the best type of flexible supply lines for sink, toilet?

I have a house that was built in 1994 that has gray plastic supply lines to all the sinks and toilets (didn't check to see what material). I have heard that there was some sort of problem with some of the older plastic lines bursting. Should I be concerned?
If I should replace them, what is the best thing to use?
Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-03, 02:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Those are fine, but if you ever need to replace them, go with the reinforced flex lines.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 05-10-03, 05:05 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Sorry Mike but I MUST disagree!!!!Take those plastic supplies out ASAP!!!I have seen them burst many times.I would replace then with the steel braided type if you must use the flexible type.Me ,personally,I prefer the solid chromed copper supplies.But then I'm old school.

Old 05-12-03, 10:17 PM
Cool

poorplmbr,
You're right. I'm just to used to the low water pressure out here in the boonies (public or private), where no one has even heard of a pressure reducing valve. LOL
Mike

Old 05-13-03, 06:58 PM
The supply lines are fine... They do still have some poly ones out there, but most of the grey ones you see now do not get eaten up by chlorine... If you are on a well, I wouldn't worry about them at all... And the burst pressure on those supplies is WELL beyond anything you might get from the city... Leave them and forget about it... I also prefer chrome tubes, but they are far more effort and frankly are overkill compared to the junk faucets being sold these days anyway...

Old 05-16-03, 01:41 AM
josh1
Visiting Guest
chrome copper lines with BRASS faucet connecting nuts.

NEVER buy the "plastic" nuts to connect a line, these are guaranteed to crack as you (over) tighten them. Also SS flex lines are nice if you dont want to fiddle with bending copper into "shape"

_Josh

Old 05-16-03, 01:01 PM
I prefer these type of supply line, fast and easy to install. For all faucet and toilet connections.

Old 05-17-03, 07:55 AM
poleaxed
Visiting Guest
the stainless steel flex lines are do work well but they are so ugly on a toilet or pedastol lav.i use grey flex with platic ferrels.

Old 05-17-03, 08:13 AM
Only problem with the gray flex connects is these can crack where they make the connection to the fixture, seen this a few times.

Old 05-17-03, 04:10 PM
I think if you are concerned only with looks on a pedestal or w/c, I would not be using flex... I would use a chrome tube... But if you want ease and looks, I actually think the stainless steel flex as in P2K's picture looks far better than the grey poly or pex tubes... Just my opinion though... If you get a 20" tube and loop it up behind the tank/bowl, you can barely see it...