Need faucet advice

Old 05-09-03, 12:44 PM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Need faucet advice

Can anyone give me a reason why I should not buy a "Kingston Brass" brand chrome designer faucet for 40 bucks, instead of buying, say, a Moen for twice as much, even though it looks the same? Am I really getting something that won't perform as well or won't last as long?

I don't know really anything about faucet, and what seperates the good from the not-so-good, so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-03, 12:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

Faucets may look similar on the outside, but it's what is inside that counts. Like anything else, you get what you pay for.
Even the same brand and model can vary in quality for one bought at a plumbing supply house to one bought at a big box discount store, for instance.
Go with a name brand faucet, preferably from a plumbing supply house rather than a big box. It will last longer with less repair work. You'll be glad that you did in the long run.
Your call.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 05-09-03, 01:39 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
See, that's why I like OldGuy... he not only gives good info but he learns real fast too ... Buy the Moen, or other brand that is "twice as much" and you will usually get a thicker guage of brass, a more durable finish, brass bodied stems, brass pop-up assembly, or some combination thereof... The cheaper faucet will give you as much plastic as possible, and in some cases, they are very difficult to put in leak-free because of the drain assembly you get...

Old 05-09-03, 06:42 PM
E
Thanks to both of you for the very insightful responses.

The Kingston Brass if "Triple plated" chrome, with a solid brass waterway, instead of plastic. The company boasts of the materials used.

I am inclined, however, to heed your advise, as I know the importent things are those that may not be apparant immediatly, but will be when the things starts leaking etc.

Thanks again.