Washing Mach. backing up everywhere

Old 05-21-03, 09:38 AM
LKD22
Visiting Guest
Angry Washing Mach. backing up everywhere

Have been having a problem with the washing machine backing up during the draining process (wash and rinse cycle) into the kitchen sink but just this week it has started backing up not only in the kitchen sink (both sides) but also into both bathrooms (tub and shower stall). The toilets in both bathrooms drain down to where there is hardly any water in them. After approx. 10 min. the tub and shower drain then after a couple flushes the toilets work fine. Both the tub and shower drain fine during use. What in the world could be causing this and how do I fix it. When I called the plumber the first time for the kitchen sink back up he said that the pipes were to small and I'd either have to live with it or have all the pipes replaced in my walls and floors. I might be able to live with the kitchen sink causing problems but now it's a different story with the bathrooms. HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-03, 09:48 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

You have some partially clogged drain pipe(s).
See if you can clear the main drain line first by opening a clean-out plug and snaking the full length of the main drain with a heavy duty plumber's snake (can be rented).
You may be able to clear the smaller drains with a flexible crank-handle snake.
Good Luck!
Mike