Exterior Water Faucet Replacement

Old 05-22-03, 06:48 AM
mikieme
Visiting Guest
Exterior Water Faucet Replacement

Hello We recently purchased a home built in 1925, it was a walk away. and a mess though it is coming right along.

Anyway one of the outside water faucets is laying on the ground 14 inches out frim the house. ( when mowing the tall grass for the first time i found it with the mower abd broke the handle off.

my question is i want to move it back to the exterior wall, and mount it there off the ground and out of the way where it belongs. I can get the faucet off it is just an standard faucet it screws off. but the pipe is another story there is no were around where we live to have a piece cut to lenth for the house ?

Any help would be greatly appreacieated;

Michael & Joy kauffman

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-03, 11:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

What type of pipe does it have?
Galvanized? Copper?
(The reason that it's laying on the ground is probably to completely drain the house lines when vacant.)
Mike

Old 05-22-03, 02:27 PM
mikieme
Visiting Guest
exterior water faucet

it is galvinized pipe: it it t's off the main floor bathroom toilet inlet water line. thanks
for your help

Old 05-22-03, 03:08 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

The easiest way to replumb this line is to use PVC white plastic pipe that you can cut to fit, prime and glue yourself.
You will have to cut (hacksaw or pipe cutter) and unscrew the existing galvanized line from the nearest threaded fitting under you home or where it Ts into the toilet line.
You will need a PVC male threaded adapter to connect to the galvanized line female thread fitting. Use 3-4 wraps of teflon tape clockwise only as the PVC adapter male threaded ends faces you before screwing it into the galvanized fitting.
You should be able to find what you need at most any hardware store, plumbing store or big box. If you have your measurements and a sketch of what you want to do, they should be able to give you exactly what you need.
If you need any help, just come back on this same thread and ask.
Good Luck!
Mike