Low Pressure in One Faucet in the House

Old 05-24-03, 01:14 AM
DUNE
Visiting Guest
Question Low Pressure in One Faucet in the House

I have a 7 yr old modular home. Recently, we lost pressure in the master bath tub's hot water faucet. The hot water elsewhere in the house is fine. Even in the master bathroom sink. We do have hard water here in my county. Any ideas folks?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-03, 01:22 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

The problem is in the faucet (clog or faulty part).
What brand? Dual-handle or single-handle?
Mike

Old 05-24-03, 10:12 AM
DUNE
Visiting Guest
I'm unsure of the brand name....it came with the house so I'm sure it's pretty generic...but it is a dual handle faucet. And remember, the only problem is on the hot water side. It runs fine for a few minutes and then POW...nothing but a little trickle. Please help...I really need to get this taken care of this weekend.

Thanks,
DUNE

Old 05-24-03, 12:23 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

It's probably a standard compression faucet with a faulty black rubber washer on the end of the stem or some debris.
Turn the hot water (only) off by turning off the cold water supply valve near the top of your water heater. If there isn't one, you'll need to turn off the main water shut-off.
Remove the hot water faucet handle and unscrew the retaining cap (around stem) counter-clockwise, and pull out the valve stem.
Check the rubber washer on the end to see if it's loose (held on by small Phillips head screw in middle). Just tighten it down if necessary, or replace it if it is worn.
You also might turn the water back on for a second while the valve is out to blow out any debris that may be causing the problem. One or the other or both should solve your problem.
Good Luck!
Mike