pipe bender needed

Old 05-26-03, 11:27 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
pipe bender needed

Can someone recommend a decent solid pipe bender primarily for standard copper 1/2" tubing? I am not sure on the ones at Home Depot because they say smaller sizes wil work on it. If anyone has one for sale please let me know also. Thanks: e3 - spamman

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-03, 01:45 AM
P
For rigid or soft roll copper tubing? If you are doing roll tubing any decent plumbing specialty store should have a rolled spring tubing bender that will work just fine.(looks like a slinky) If you are trying to bend rigid pipe I would say that the Rigid Pipe company makes the best stuff but I wouldn't be bending any stiff pipe that would carry pressurized water, major no-no in plumber land.

Old 05-27-03, 05:44 PM
S
Its rigid 1/2" copper. I am suprised that bending it for pressurized water is bad. Otherwise I need to do some solder in elbows, and other. I figured a bend was strong than a joint. I have done a ton of bending of SS tubing for water and gas delivery but not copper. Is the copper too malleable and would "thin" at a bend? Thanks. Also, can you suggest a model from Rigid for benders? Peace: e3