kitchen sink

Old 05-28-03, 02:34 AM
ladyplumber
Visiting Guest
Question kitchen sink

I had a leak from a hole in a pipe below my sink so I disconnected them and replaced them with pipe from the plumbing supply store, (took the old ones with me so they could measure and cut them), put it all back together but now I still have small leaks from where the pipes meet. I used teflon tape around the threads. What did I do wrong? Help!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-03, 03:44 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

Is this PVC white plastic or chrome-plated brass?
Are the plastic washers (for PVC compression) turned the right way (flat side toward slip nut)?
Did you assemble everything loosely by hand to straighten it before beginning to tighten it up by hand, and then snug it with a wrench?
If all else fails, you can use pipe dope or a thin coat of clear silicone to seal the leaks. It's not under pressure.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 05-28-03, 12:18 PM
ladyplumber
Visiting Guest
Thanks for the reply, Mike.

To answer your questions, yes, I did assemble them as you said and they are brass pipes, which is something I only thought about AFTER I replaced them. Would I have been better off replacing them with PVC?

I think I'll take them apart and try again and if they still leak, I'll try your solutions. Thanks again.