Well pump cycles

Old 05-28-03, 08:54 AM
lissco
Visiting Guest
Well pump cycles

Hello,
I have a sprinkler system configured with six zones that uses a well pump. This season one of the zones will start, the pressure gauge at the pump will reach cut off pressure approx 80lbs and cut the pump off. The pressure will decrease back down to approx 50lbs and the pump kicks back on and the process repeats while I have this zone on. The sprinkler heads will pop up and spray. The other five zones are working fine. Any suggestions at what to look at would be helpful.

Thank you for your help.

Old 05-28-03, 12:21 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Well pump cycles

Hi,
For some reason, this zone is using less water than the pump can produce, causing the pump to cycle on and off.
Have you elimated any sprinkler heads from this zone? If not, check the screens in each spray head to make sure they're clean and not restricting the flow, and check the zone valve, too. Make sure it's wide open. Apparently, something has changed.
Ron Peeks
R.L. Peeks Pump Sales
www.peekspump.com

Old 05-29-03, 02:15 AM
lissco
Visiting Guest
Well pump cycles

Ron,
Thanks for your help. I have not eliminated any sprinkler heads from this zone. I will need to check the screens in each head as you suggested and see if that is the culprite.

Thanks again

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: