Connecting to existing PB pipes

Old 06-02-03, 10:14 AM
Gunn-Man
Visiting Guest
Connecting to existing PB pipes

My home is plumbed with PB pibe (copper fittings). The usual questions/concerns aside, I'd like to know what is necessary (parts and tools) to "T" off an existing PB line and run a new copper line. I'd like to add an ouside sink and access is no problem. I've just never worked with this stuff before. Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-03, 08:28 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The best way to go is to go to a supply house and tell them the size of poly and then get two adapters from that size poly to a male thread on the other side... Then cut out a 6" or 8" section, put the two adapters on and then use cpvc or copper in between the two adapters using female threaded fittings to make the transition... Then just tee off the copper or cpvc with the proper fitting... They make poly tees but they are harder to find and the ones they sell at most places are not much good, and I don't trust them...

Old 06-03-03, 06:52 AM
Gunn-Man
Visiting Guest
Thanks and a follow up

Thanks! The lines that I'm T-ing off of are to my washing machine and I'm doing it pretty close (1-3 feet) to the spigots. Now that I think about it, I'll probably terminate the poly in the manner you describe and then run copper to new spigots and T off that line. Do most supply houses have the necessary tool (I assume a specialized crimping tool is necessary). I'm in Atlanta as well. Do you have any recommended supply house?