pop-up sprinkler heads

Old 06-02-03, 01:37 PM
newbyho
Visiting Guest
pop-up sprinkler heads

My sprinkler heads do not pop-up and go back down very well, they have the tendency to get stuck and as a result I have geisers around the house (not to mention the accompanying higher water bill). How can I fix the problem?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-03, 05:52 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello, Replace them with a better one. I have found that if you put cheap ones in, they won't retract. Then you end up prunning them with your lawn mower. Good Luck Woodbutcher

Old 06-03-03, 09:06 AM
newbyho
Visiting Guest
how do i do that?

Thanks fr the help, next question is how? haven't doe it before, can't be that hard, right???

Old 06-03-03, 11:08 AM
PJ57
Visiting Guest
It isn't very hard. First dig around the existing sprinkler until you get down to where it screws into the pipe fitting. You should be able to then unscrew the old sprinkler head from the pipe fitting. Buy a new sprinkler head that is equal in size (height) and has the same spray pattern (quarter, half, 3/4, full, etc). The spray patter is usually designated on the top with hash marks. Screw the new one in by hand until it is tight and the spray pattern goes where you want it to go. Then you can adjust the amount of spay by turning the small screw on top. Be sure to place a rag into the pipe fitting when you remove the old one to prevent any debris going into the pipe. Hope this helps.