ADA Bathroom

Old 06-02-03, 02:55 PM
brianponder
Visiting Guest
ADA Bathroom

Does anyone have the mininum square foot size for an ADA bathroom in a business. I'm planning on adding a restroom and can't seem to get a straight answer. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-03, 08:05 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
An ADA bathroom is no different than any other bathroom except one stall has to have a 5' radius in front of one toilet to allow for a wheelchair to turn around... Other than that, the fixtures have to have 18" clearance from center to adjacent walls, and 30" from center to center from other fixtures... The sink is about 20" wide so it is just a standard width sink...

Old 06-03-03, 05:32 AM
Here is an article that relates to the ADA with schools and universities. It also applies to businesses. It will give you some info on fixtures and related clearances.

http://asumag.com/ar/university_pass_compliance/

I have found that ADA compliance varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction because of different interpitations from the people who run the program.

Hope this helps...

Old 06-03-03, 07:09 AM
brianponder
Visiting Guest
ADA Restroom

Thank you very much...you guys have saved me on this one. My designed space was not large enough and would have been a problem. Again thanks, Brian.

Old 06-04-03, 09:06 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
By the way, I went to school with a Brian Ponder... I guess there are probably lots of Ponders in the world, but you don't live in GA do ya? ...

Old 06-05-03, 04:12 AM
brianponder
Visiting Guest
ADA

I live in Johnson City, TN. I have a brother in Atlanta and another brother who use to work at a Sears warehouse in Atlanta 3 years ago. "Ponder" as a rule, is a rare last name. I'm sure we are related in some fashion being so close to GA. bp