shower plumbing repair

Old 06-02-03, 05:12 PM
singleschmingle
Visiting Guest
shower plumbing repair

I have a fiberglass stall shower with drywall above it where the shower head emerges from. The shower head wobbles and has come loose from the wall. Feels like the pipe inside the wall has come loose. On the other side of the wall is a ceiling length wood cabinet. I am assuming there is drywall between it and the shower fixture. There is no way to get into the wall from the inside of the shower except from the 1 foot space of drywall where it emerges. Any suggestions on how to restabilize the shower head and pipe it is attached to? I have no experience with plumbing, have worked with drywall a little and have little funds. I would greatly appreciate any do it myself advise.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-03, 05:44 PM
W
Received 12 Votes on 10 Posts
Hello, If the shower arm comes through the sheet rock over the shower, cut the sheet rock away then secure the pipe. patch the sheet rock when done. Good Luck Woodbutcher.

Old 06-04-03, 06:17 PM
singleschmingle
Visiting Guest
Thankyou Woodbutcher for replying, I figured that this was probably the only way into the wall. My concern too is that when securing the pipe I will only be able to reach about half way down (if even that far) once I am into the wall and I was wondering if you would know if the pipes Normaly have to be secured at the bottom of the wall or if it doesnt matter where it is secured? Also, Is there some sort of special bracket I would need to secure it? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by singleschmingle; 06-04-03 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-04-03, 08:21 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Usually the showerhead is supported right behind the showerhead itself, so that 1' section should be enough access to resupport it... Just cut it out and do whatever strapping you need and then redrywall it...

Old 06-04-03, 08:29 PM
singleschmingle
Visiting Guest
Thanks Ragnar, I didnt want to start this this weekend until I got all the facts. I appreciate your responce.