High pitched buzz or hum

Old 06-06-03, 03:18 AM
KarenBa
Visiting Guest
High pitched buzz or hum

In one bathroom, I can hear a high pitched buzz or hum that is constant. At first I thought it might be electrical, but when I open the cabinet under the sink it is much louder. If you have any suggestions for me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-03, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Test the pressure on the house, either you have a pressure reducer on the water service that is not working, or you need to have one installed, if you see the pressure 80+ or higher, you need to find itand replace it, or install one.

Old 06-07-03, 05:55 AM
Plumbrich
Visiting Guest
Do you have any leaks on the faucet above? If not i would turn off water to toilet at supply stop.Alot of times a fillvavle in the toilet leaking water will make this sound.It will seem louder in the cabinet becouse you're head is in a closed area.Also alot of the cold water supply to the toilets are tied in the wall at the lavatory.I would also do as Plumber2000 stated becouse high wter pressure will couse fillvaves,Icemakers,faucets, etc.to start leaking.

Old 06-11-03, 06:13 PM
KarenBa
Visiting Guest
Thanks Plumber2000 and Plumbrich. It was a problem with the water pressure. Really appreciate your suggestions!