Urgent: No flange on sewer pipe!

Old 06-07-03, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Urgent: No flange on sewer pipe!

Help! We (my dad and I) pulled the old toilet off and there is no flange on the sewer pipe. The previous owners used brass T-bolts (one broke off) that screwed into the floor to mount the toilet.

It doesn't look like we can put a new flange on the sewer pipe because it is smooth and rounded on the top. There is no way to put new T-bolts. Can you buy brass threaded T-Bolts to replace the old ones? Is there another solution? What to do? Thanks for your help.

P.S. the house is 100 yrs old and I am able to access the bathroom floor from the basement.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-03, 12:19 PM
Plumbrich
Visiting Guest
Yes you can buy threaded screws for this.Ask for closet screws not closet bolts.The best thing to do is ask for a 4" street compresson closet flange.It is a pvc flange with a gasket at the bottom with three allen screws it is made just for his sort of thing.This would be the less labor intensive and also give the best seal.You can also just buy a deep wax ring with a plastic horn and use the closet screws.I really dont prefer the closet horned ring and closet screws but,it will get you on line easy.There are so many differnt ways to do this but,those two i think would be the easyest.

Old 06-07-03, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

We got the closet screws and are going to go with that.