Water Pressure Drops

Old 06-10-03, 10:50 AM
JBet
Visiting Guest
Water Pressure Drops

Hot or cold on each faucet in the house drops pressure about a half second after you turn it on. They still run but you have to turn it more to get up to the correct pressure. Is there anything I can check or do to fix this problem?

Old 06-10-03, 01:16 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Are you on a well and pump?
Mike

Old 06-10-03, 01:17 PM
JBet
Visiting Guest
No, it's public water.

Old 06-10-03, 01:22 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Do you have a Pressure Reducing Valve on your main water supply line? These can be adjusted, repaired or replaced.
Do you have any glavanized pipes?

Old 06-10-03, 01:42 PM
JBet
Visiting Guest
Honestly I don't know if I have a PRV or not Would I be able to tell if I did by looking at it?? Some of the pipes are galvanized, I thought that might be the problem.

Old 06-10-03, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacing the galvanized pipes will solve the problem... Of course, you will have to do it as you are able, but they all need to go... The reason the water comes out initially is because you have correct pressure, but low VOLUME... so when the water is off the volume builds up and the pipe is at full pressure... As soon as you open it and the "headstart" of volume runs out, you have very low volume with decent pressure... To ease you mind however, get a pressure guage at a hardware store and put it on your front faucet and also on a back faucet...

Old 06-11-03, 06:04 AM
JBet
Visiting Guest
That makes sense. I am going to pick up a guage today after work. What kind of pressure should I be looking for?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: