Mixet Shower Faucet

Old 06-14-03, 08:05 PM
stevec
Visiting Guest
Mixet Shower Faucet

I'm excited the see that there may be someone who can help me with my shower problem.

I have a single (Mixet) faucet shower that's gone the way of the dodo bird.

I pulled it out and went to Home Depot but their supply of Mixet faucet cartridges was lacking. I can't seem to find the correct replacement. So I have three brief questions...

1) Where can I find the full line of Mixet products?

2) The faucet cartridge doesn't seem to have any product number on it, should there be one?

3) When I took the faucet cartridge out, I thought the whole "seating" apparatus would come too but it seems to be stuck in there. Did I miss something?

Thanks!
Steve C./Irvine, CA

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-03, 06:45 AM
maadi_griffin
Visiting Guest
i ran a search with GOOGLE and typed in MIXET. numerous sites came up with many showing parts availability. here's one of them...hope this was of some help.

http://www.plumbingstore.com/mixet.html

i don't think it's stuck in there. it may have an "O" ring or seal that makes it a tight fit. if you can search for your type of controls it may show you a diagram. try gently prying it out with a small screwdriver. GENTLY. it should slide out. be mindful of small parts and springs (if any)

Old 06-15-03, 08:28 AM
Ed G
Visiting Guest
Steve, I too am in Irvine. I can check for you tomorrow but I am pretty sure that Plumbers Warehouse in Santa ana next to the Home Depot on Edinger will carry that. If you have a problem installing it email me at [email protected] and I will help you out.