slow and low bath tub water flow

Old 06-16-03, 04:16 AM
Pam
Visiting Guest
slow and low bath tub water flow

My tub/shower has very low water pressure. I'm looking for suggestions. It is a two handle faucet with a regular wall shower head and a diverter on the spout to send water to a hand-held shower head. I'm unfamilar with plumbing so I hesitate to start removing parts without knowing what to look for to solve the problem. Should I start with the faucets? Or could it be within the spout and diverter. I put on a new shower head. Thank you for any suggetions.

Old 06-16-03, 05:38 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Cool

Do you know if you have any galvanized water supply pipes to the tub/shower?
Is the spout pressure low, as well as the showerhead? Does it leak when you divert to the showerhead?

Old 06-16-03, 03:29 PM
Pam
Visiting Guest
Thank you for responding to my question. I went to the basement and it appears that all my piping is copper. The water is slow coming out of the spout as well as the shower head. There are no leaks or drips aroung the diverter. Perhaps this is important.....twice in 5 months my well quit working. After we reprimed and got it working there was "stuff" in the water, like sand and particles that clogged the screens on the faucets. Could there be particles blocking the hot and cold water supply? Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: