Looking for a specific toilet seat


Old 06-16-03, 11:50 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 63129
Posts: 227
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for a specific toilet seat

I have an Eljer toilet with a seat that I believe is American Standard Rise and Shine.

The patent number on the seat is 3820175. I worked backwards from patents to determine that American Standard makes these. They told me it is called a Rish and Shine. It similar to a towel bar in that this is the only part affixed to the bowl. The seat and lid snap onto the bar and can be easily removed for cleaning purposes.

I would like to get another one for my other toilet. I tried Home Depot and Lowes. They do not carry it and can't figure out what it is. The 800# for American Standard keeps me on hold FOREVER!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-03, 12:42 PM
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,915
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You may want to try a plumbing store. You may want to either bring the chair there or take a digital picture of it when you go there.
Old 06-16-03, 03:04 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
i found this. it says it snaps off for easy cleaning.....

Old 07-27-07, 03:00 AM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for the same seat too

I am installing a second bathroom and want the same toilet seat as I have in my first bathroom. The cover and seat unhinge very easily for cleaning. When I went to Home Depot I was surprised that none of the seats they had in stock had that feature. I figured it would be a common feature on almost all seats since it is so convenient.

The unit is SOLID plastic and looks brand new after more than 10 years.

The only clue I had was the patent number on the seat is 3820175.

That led me to several web sites including this forum.

Thanks to your post and was able to do more research and find the model number.

It is the American Standard Rise and Shine series.

Part number 5322.011 (round)
Part number 5324.019 (elongated)




There is a .pdf file with the specs, but I could not upload it to this forum.

Old 07-27-07, 04:27 AM
czizzi's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 7,376
Received 9 Votes on 7 Posts
Check back with the box stores. I have installed toilet seats with the quick release function purchased from these stores.

Unlike traditional seats that are bolted to the toilet, these have a 2 part attachment. A female adapter is attached to the toilet and bolted in place. The seat has a male adaptor that snaps in place and locks with a 1/8th turn of the trim. The look just like the others so play around with the display models. The older models have a flap that you raise to expose the bolts, the quick release ones do not have a flap and instead you turn the area where the flap should be.
Old 07-27-07, 02:21 PM
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,422
Received 10 Votes on 9 Posts
Google American Standard. They have all their products/parts on line. I was able to get parts from them (free) for an obsolete toilet that they no longer make.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: