Kitchen sink won't drain!!

Old 06-20-03, 03:01 PM
gold1500
Visiting Guest
Kitchen sink won't drain!!

Ok, about a month ago, my kitchen sink drains VERY VERY VERY slowly. Called a plumber, he snaked from the kitchen sink, then from the roof vent. Niether corrected the problem. He had no idea what to do so he left. I rented a snake and did it myself again, dodn't work. However, the toilet, tub, bathroom sink all seem to drain fine. Everything shares the same vent as thery are all roughly within five feet of each other. Does anyone have any idea on what is going on here, it's truely driving me nuts!! Thanks...

Old 06-20-03, 03:09 PM
maadi_griffin
Visiting Guest
lol..he left?? from what part of the sink drain did he snake from? did he remove the trap/drain pipes to do this? did he inspect the trap for obstruction? did he check the pipes from the sink to the drain for any obstructions?
usually sinks have cross bars at the openings to prevent large objects from falling into the drain. how did you snake the sink drain?

Old 06-20-03, 10:38 PM
gold1500
Visiting Guest
He snaked from the right side, left side is a disposal. I took off the traps/pipes but no blockage. However today after sanking the sink it drains much faster but not nearly the way it should be - must be sort sort of 'goop', so I'll just try snaking several more times and see what happens

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: