piping under the sink


Old 06-24-03, 01:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
piping under the sink

Not very sure on the terminology, so bear with me... I noticed that there was some water under the sink. A little puddle at first, then a few days ago there was a lot more --big, big puddle!

There is a metal pipe coming from the sink going to a white, plastic J-pipe (is this what they call a trap) which connects to a another white pipe (which i believes goes out to the wall and connects to the adjoining sink).

It has come loose at both ends of the J-pipe, maybe from being knocked around with some bottles down there. What do I use to seal the ends of the J-pipe to the metal and white plastic pipe? There is a white goopy film on the metal pipe where the pipes were connected. The metal pipe goes into the J-pipe and the J-pipe fits snuggly into the plastic pipe in the wall.

Any suggestions are welcomed, sorry about the wording... and thank you so much in advanced!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-03, 07:41 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
I would go and buy a new pvc trap assembly.It will come with the parts you describe.It sound as though the slip joint washers are failing.Instead of finding and buying slip joint washers i would buy whole trap asemmbly it comes with them.trap assembly should be no more than 2 or 3 dollars.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: