piping under the sink

Old 06-24-03, 01:09 PM
jennyc
Visiting Guest
piping under the sink

Not very sure on the terminology, so bear with me... I noticed that there was some water under the sink. A little puddle at first, then a few days ago there was a lot more --big, big puddle!

There is a metal pipe coming from the sink going to a white, plastic J-pipe (is this what they call a trap) which connects to a another white pipe (which i believes goes out to the wall and connects to the adjoining sink).

It has come loose at both ends of the J-pipe, maybe from being knocked around with some bottles down there. What do I use to seal the ends of the J-pipe to the metal and white plastic pipe? There is a white goopy film on the metal pipe where the pipes were connected. The metal pipe goes into the J-pipe and the J-pipe fits snuggly into the plastic pipe in the wall.

Any suggestions are welcomed, sorry about the wording... and thank you so much in advanced!

jenny

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-03, 07:41 PM
Plumbrich
Visiting Guest
I would go and buy a new pvc trap assembly.It will come with the parts you describe.It sound as though the slip joint washers are failing.Instead of finding and buying slip joint washers i would buy whole trap asemmbly it comes with them.trap assembly should be no more than 2 or 3 dollars.