Stumped by odor in basin faucet.

Old 06-25-03, 07:26 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Stumped by odor in basin faucet.

Well, I'm stumped. The little lady swears that the water from the upstairs bathroom sink tastes and smell funny. Of course it taste and smells fine to me. We have been in this house for 5 years. I'm not sure when she started all this. Was it from day one, or was it since the basin supply lines were replaced with new stainless steel braided lines last year (by her brother)?

I've reviewed the plumbing and it all looks normal and leak free. Copper rigid tubing, original stuff and all.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-03, 08:22 PM
No reson for the new supply line to cause an odor. Try to convinced her all is ok.

Old 06-25-03, 08:31 PM
Plumbrich
Visiting Guest
The inside of the stainless flex lines are rubber.Some people are more sensitive to taste and smell than others.This is probably what she is detecting.

Old 06-26-03, 04:50 AM
Rubber, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, mmmmmmm mmmmm . ok, ok, if I were to replace those stainless supply lines, what product would I look to avoid.

P.S. I am shocked to hear that any plumbing product could or would allow taste or smell contamination to a water supply. However, I learn as I live, and am grateful for the tip.