MAJOR Toilet Leak/Flooded Bathroom Floor

Old 06-27-03, 01:42 PM
spurnky
Visiting Guest
Talking MAJOR Toilet Leak/Flooded Bathroom Floor

Hi! A few hours ago, I was cleaning the toilet and flushed it. Water came out of the sides of it at the base. About 10 mintues after that I walked in my bathroom and the whole floor was flooded and covered with water.

I have never had this much water come out of the sides. I would say that it was about 1 gallon of water.
What could be causing this?

I noticed that water has been coming out of the sides of the toilet for the past few days. The bolts on the base of the toilet are loose also.
The water level in the toilet has been changing a LOT lately, also. One day it will be an Inch above the water line. The next day it may be 1 1/2 inches below it.

I realize that the wax ring probably needs to be replaced. It was replaced only 4 months ago and the toilet is only about 8 months old. Which I don't understand at all. I thought they were supposed to last longer than 4 months!

Is it possible that it is something else? It seems like an awful lot of water for it to be just the wax ring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-03, 02:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

It sounds to me like you probably have a partially clogged closet bend drain line AND a failed wax ring seal.
If the toilet bolts are loose, then the toilet can rock and move, and if it can move it will cause the wax ring to fail.
After you pull the toilet, snake the closet bend, and you may have to open a clean-out plug and snake the main drain line, too.
Are you having any water backing up other than the toilet, such as into the tub or shower lower drain?