Help Finding/Naming Part...


Old 06-30-03, 02:08 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 50
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Help Finding/Naming Part...

Hubby and I are installing a new brass bathroom sink faucet to replace existing one. Faucet is easy. However, the sink also needs a new drain... what I mean is, the brass ring on the INSIDE of the sink that surrounds the drainhole (the popup drainplug sits in the middle of it).

What is that part called? Where do we buy one? We can find plenty of faucets but none come with that part... how do we find one? And what is installation like? We presume it unscrews from the drainpipe somehow.

[Normally wouldn't bother but the brass one now is REALLY ugly, all pitted and torn up. Last owners beat it up!]

THANKS for educating this obvious non-plumber!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-03, 03:45 PM
Plumber2000's Avatar
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 5,841
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Called a lav pop-up assembly.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: