Relocating gas hot water heater


Old 07-03-03, 08:11 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Relocating gas hot water heater

I am interested in relocating my gas hot water heater and was wondering if the flexible gas line is available? Is it more cost effective to use instead of the black pipe. I plan to install a tee at my present gas hot water connection and split the gas line to use for the gas water heater and a gas fireplace. At the the tee my distance to the gas hot water heater is 15 ft and to the fireplace the distance is around 16ft. Both distances include a couple of turns. I have inquired about the flexible pipe in my area but all of the plumbing stores say I have to be certified to use the flex pipe?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-03, 08:34 AM
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,915
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
You really don't want run any more flex pipe than you have to. Generally less then 6'. 15' is way too long.
Old 07-03-03, 10:51 AM
notuboo's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Kansas City MO
Posts: 1,780
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes, you need a little card that tells the plumbing supplier you know what you are doing with gas pipe.
This sounds petty to many people, but this is not a water line or a drain line. It is a gas line. Putting it in wrong or making a bad joint can have very serious consequences.
Why don't you talk to a qualified plumber about moving this because you didn't even bring up relocating the vent...
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: