Building drain cleanout height adjustment

Old 07-07-03, 11:55 AM
jamckelvey
Visiting Guest
Building drain cleanout height adjustment

Not too long ago, I had a cleanout tee/riser installed in the building drain line on my property. I am interested in re-grading an area of the yard in which the cleanout resides. The new landscape profile will be approximately 7 inches above the existing cleanout plug so I'd like to increase the height of the cleanout accordingly. Is there any type of extension/adapter that could be screwed into the existing cleanout to raise the opening?

Please let me know and thanks in advance!

Jim McKelvey

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-03, 01:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cool

What type of pipe is it?
White plastic PVC? Black plastic ABS? Cast iron?
If it's plastic, just cut the line and glue on collars with a short piece of pipe between them to raise it to whatever height that you want.

Old 07-07-03, 07:49 PM
Plumbrich
Visiting Guest
If not to long ago then you probably have pvc.I would follow OLDMAN and cut line and use two couplings and a short piece of pipe.If you donot have enough room to cut then go buy one pvc male adpt and one male cleanout assembly.Screw male adpt were plug was and glue male cleanout into that.It should give you 8" more hieght.If you donot know what size pipe you have take cleanout plug with you.

Old 07-08-03, 01:03 PM
jamckelvey
Visiting Guest
Originally posted by OldGuy
What type of pipe is it?
White plastic PVC? Black plastic ABS? Cast iron?
If it's plastic, just cut the line and glue on collars with a short piece of pipe between them to raise it to whatever height that you want.
The building drain, cleanout tee and vertical riser are all 5" b/s clay pipe. The existing cleanout appears to be cast iron with a brass plug.